Hello my friends! Days 5 & 6 are important and I put them together on purpose because they both tie back to the same theme; time. I know a lot of you have different reasons for being busy; kids, working a couple jobs, working crazy hours, and having a schedule that makes your Microsoft Outlook calendar look like a rainbow (<--raises hand). Adding in wrapping presents, party planning, gift shopping, etc cramps an already busy schedule. So, tonight I'm going to provide you with some of my favorite QUICK AND EASY healthy meals. This will hopefully provide some ideas to help save you a little time this holiday season so that you can spend QUALITY time with your family and friends. I love this season so much and if we can all take some time to relax and enjoy the moment, we will all be better off mentally.
Can we all agree that packing lunch is the WORST?! And, I don't know about you guys, but, I don't really have time on Sundays to do "Sunday Food Prep". I try, but, time isn't on my side on the weekends, especially when I'm working weekends. Here are my favorite go-to lunchables that barely require any work.
1. Hard boiled eggs (just throw them in the night before and then toss them in the fridge to grab on your way out)
2. Cheese sticks
3. Seasonal fruit (citrus right now!)
4. Tuna Fish
5. Roasted chick peas (again, just season them with whatever you like and then throw them in the oven on 400 degrees for 20 minutes). You can do this while you cook or eat dinner the night before.
6. Green Beans
7. Whole Wheat Bread
8. Healthy GMO-free bean chips (Beanitos or some other healthy brand)
Ideas on putting them together:
- 2 hard boiled eggs, green beans, piece of fruit
- Open face tuna sandwich (make it at work, just bring the bread and the can of tuna)
- Cut up hard boiled eggs or make some tuna and eat them with the chips and then eat a piece of fruit
I am always so hungry when I get home from the gym that I have a routine that I do most nights so that I can eat as quickly as possible. 1) Prep Food, Preheat Oven (or put something in it like potatoes) 2) Shower 3) Make the food. Here are some of my favorite go-to quick AND HEALTHY dinner meals.
1. Roasted potatoes with fish stick (Ians fish sticks are the BEST option - no crap ingredients). The trick for roasting potatoes in less than 20 minutes? Cut the potatoes into small pieces (kind of like home fries) and put the oven on HIGH, 405 degrees. Your entire meal will be done in less than 20 minutes.
2. Open face tuna melts... Tuna on hot (GMO free) corn tortillas with avocado & cheese
3. Roasted veggies & a grilled protein (idea here: http://bit.ly/ZmIf1e)
4. Salad: Lettuce, Chickpeas (protein), Cashews, Feta, Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar
5. Grilled shrimp & roasted butternut squash topped with feta and pumpkin seeds (again, chop the butternut squash up small and turn the heat HIGH, 405 degrees)
6. Stir Fry over quinoa
7. Baked potato with chicken, broccoli, & cheese
8. Crustless Quiche (Mix eggs, veggies (I like spinach or broccoli), and cheese and bake.
9. Pasta (yes, pasta) a Small bowl of Barilla protein plus pasta with some evoo, crushed red pepper, and olive oil never hurt anyone.
10. Raviolis with asparagus (yes, raviolis). The frozen ones take about 4 minutes to cook. Pick a lighter version rav such as butternut squash, chicken/pea, lobster/crab etc,. Roast up some asparagus and add them to a pan with evoo, little bit of butter, sage, & crushed red pepper and mix all together. DONE! Adding the asparagus to the meal adds fiber & vitamins... balancing the heaviness from the pasta.
I hope you find some of these ideas helpful! I'd love to hear how you create QUICK and HEALTHY meals. Share in the comments below. Have a relaxing day! xo