I'm pretty pumped to share this meal with you all because it jussssst sneaks into the "15 Minute Meals" category. Plus, Rob and I flipped with excitement over the flavor. So, so, so good! Now, it is extremely rare that you'll ever see a non-homemade marinade on this blog (besides Cindy's buffalo sauce), but, I am in a conference this week which means I don't have much time to do anything at home. So, on Monday when I went food shopping, I thought it would benefit me to cut the whole "homemade marinade" step out of the equation. The result? Total and complete success. Here's how it all played out:
- 1LB Organic ground pork or (beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 1LB Quinoa
- Boston lettuce or Iceburg lettuce
- Whole Foods General Tso's Sauce (the ingredient list is spectacular - no crap allowed)
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini (optional)
- Couple pads of organic grass fed butter
- Crushed red pepper
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa (follow instructions - usually takes about 15 minutes)
- Saute Pork (or other meat) in a healthy pour or two of the Whole Food's Brand General Tso's sauce
- Spiralize the zucchini (optional - I only did this because I needed to use a zucchini)
- Julienne the pepper
- Once the pork is cooked through - spoon a couple of tablespoons into 3 lettuce leaves per plate
- Add a couple pads of the butter and crushed red pepper (to taste) to the quinoa mixture, then spoon to the plate
- Add the veggies for "building" the lettuce wraps and serve!)
While everything is cooking... build the plate.
Plate, serve, build, & eat!
I am so impressed with this sauce... it is only 15 calories per serving and has a REALLY nice ingredient list. Whole Foods is seriously the best. This meal is jam packed with protein, b-vitamins, magnesium, fiber, and FLAVOR. Enjoy!
Have a great Thursday! xo