Hey friends! Happy Thursday!
Rob and I have been LOVING the grill my parents got me for Christmas last year. We've been grilling up all sorts of things and one of our favorites is this easy turkey burger recipe that I recently concocted. Last Thursday, knowing that Rob was leaving for Vegas the next day, we wanted to spend some quality time outside on the deck. I didn't want to waste a lot of time chopping, slicing, baking, etc so I knew it would be best to whip up something quick, healthy, and delicious. This is where the turkey burgers came into play!
TREMENDOUS TURKEY BURGERS
- 1 lb Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 2-3 Tbs of Feta Cheese
- Handful of Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tsps of Dill, Chopped (not needed, but, I had it in my garden so I added it)
- A Few Shakes of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix together (preferably with hands) - be careful not to overwork the meat
- Form an even ball and then take your hand to make a criss-cross shape into the meat so that it is divided into four equal parts
- Take each to part and form into a burger patty then press thumb into the center of each (this ensures that the meat will cook evenly because it tends to rise in the middle)
- Place on grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side. Make sure they are fully cooked through... this is NOT beef, it should never be pink.
Ideally, it should only be flipped once for even cooking and perfect grill marks!
I think I've shared my sweet potato fries recipe a zillion times, but, here it is again. JIC!
- Cut sweet potato (or two) into desired shape and toss with desired seasoning (this night, I used garlic powder, cayenne, salt/pepper). Bake on 425 for 8 minutes, flip, and bake for another 7 or 8. This should all happen while the meat is grillin'!
Plate and serve burger with Boston or Romaine lettuce for bonus health benefits! We top the burgers with organic ketchup, mustard, and desired spicy sauces. Then, wrap them up and mangia!
Have you guys tried the "Not your father's Root Beer" yet? OMG. Dangerously delicious and 5.9% alcohol by volume. Gotta love that I never drink soda but if it's soda/beer, I'm down. Enjoy and have a great Thursday night! xo
What's your favorite thing to grill?
Have you tried the NYF Root Beer yet?
Do you grill in the winter months?