It's time for another edition of "Things I'm Loving Lately". Summer, food, and books take the cake with this one. Let's get to it, shall we?
Summer fruit selection. Need I say more?
Girlfriend fit dates. It has become a common occurrence that on Thursday nights, we have fitness dates (and I LOVE IT).
Daylight Savings. Does it get any better than having multiple hours to hang outside after work?
All the Mexican food! After YEARS of being 'off Mexican' for no real reason... I am now addicted. I can't get enough tacos or hot sauce. I use those organic corn tortillas all the time and conjure up all types of tacos. Pictured: (gluten free) Crispy fish taco with sriracha aioli, salsa, and lettuce. Nothing crazy but, for some reason so damn delicious.
La Croix Coconut Seltzer. Addicted. On its own, with vodka, whatever.
All the books! I typically read two books at once... usually some non-fiction health, nutrition, or wellness book and one fiction, girly, entertaining, fun book. Reviews:
- 20 lbs Younger was EXCELLENT. I've followed Michelle Promulayko and Keri Glassman for years. I have an enormous amount of respect for both of them because their fitness and nutrition advice is SOLID. They don't pay attention to fads, they just provide real, honest health advice. In this book, Michelle consults with all of the experts and I devoured every page. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it and learned some new things. *nerd alert*
- Wild. Very good. It was a slow read for me... it didn't have me yearning to open it up every night, but, it did keep my attention. Her story is incredible.
- The Matchmaker. This one had my attention every night, but, I wouldn't say it was my favorite. I'm not necessarily sure that I'd even recommend it, but, it was a solid beach read. Does that make any sense?
- 10% Happier. OMG 2 chapters in and I'm loving it. I had read on a few blogs that this book was "life changing" for the worriers of the world. Being a bit of a worrier myself, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I have a feeling I'll be done with this by the end of the week.
- "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and "The Husband's Secret" both have excellent reviews so I'm excited to get into those next!
The night sky has been exceptionally beautiful lately (see my instagram account). Tonight, however, was almost magical.
Evening workouts! Ah! I've reverted back to evenings and I'm so happy (I was doing mornings for a while because of the snow days/parking issues earlier in the year). I personally feel much better working out at night. I feel stronger, faster, and more alive. Plus, I typically leave in an excellent mood which is a great way to end the day. Hear this: the time of day that you work out doesn't matter. Working out should feel good and fit your schedule. Do what makes you happy!
The easiest access to fresh herbs and veggies.
Toes in the sand. Yes.
TELL ME: What are you LOVING LATELY?!