*This was actually yesterday
It's been a while since I've written a "What I'm Pumped about Today" post, but, today seemed fitting as there were a bunch of random things that made me happy. (And, I think it's good to focus on the little things right now considering the weather is the ABSOLUTE WORST). Ok, here we go!
1. I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for the gym at 6am. I had felt sluggish and really out of it all week so it felt good to feel back to normal again.
2. Chris kicked our asses in class and I left feeling pumped up and strong!
3. I love dried mango and I recently learned that it's a pre-biotic. Keri Glassman put up a photo of dried mango and peanut butter last week - saying it was a great snack. I couldn't have picked a better quick recovery fuel yesterday. I had mine in almond butter instead and it was GREAT.
4. I originally thought that I'd be away this weekend so I had to turn down an invite to ride in Equinox's "Cycle for Survival". I am no longer going away and luckily there was still a spot open for me! There are rides all over the country and I'm so excited that I'm able to participate in the Boston ride. This is the mission: Why Ride? Approximately 50% of people with cancer are battling a rare cancer. Rare cancers include brain, pancreatic, stomach, ovarian, and thyroid cancers; leukemia and lymphoma; all pediatric cancers; and many others. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center treats more than 400 subtypes of cancer each year, and every dollar raised by Cycle for Survival goes directly to lifesaving research at the institution.
5. Then, my boss picked up pizza for the office. It's my favorite kind -- gluten free Margarita from Wicked, it was amazing and I may have had 3 slices.
6. This month, Rob and I are challenging ourselves to "dry-ish February". Basically, I've given myself 5 day passes for drinking. I used one for the Superbowl, obviously, and I have 4 more left. This means, I have to choose which days I really want to have a bev. Typically, I have one on Thursday nights and I did not last night and I did not miss it. I think I'll use one pass on Saturday!
7. I cooked up steak tips, avocado cream sauce (omg), twice baked potato, and peppers & onions. ALL of which is much healthier than it sounds and looks. I'll post it later. But, I'll tell you right now that it was DEEEEELISH!
QUESTION for you all: What little things were you pumped about this week? I'd love to know!
Have an awesome weekend and to my friends in the Northeast: Try not to let the incoming storm get to you too much. 6 Saturdays til Spring! xo