Quick post tonight! I am in the middle of a crazzzy busy week getting ready for a huge event at work and also getting ready for a vacation (yayyy!). No matter how busy, I always make myself a healthy dinner... eating a crappy microwave dinner or fast food is never the way to go. This dinner took me less than 15 minutes to make.
Here it goes:
100% stone ground whole wheat
(I use Joseph's)
Salmon Burger -
READ THE INGREDIENTS
The only place I've found a salmon burger that didn't have added crap in it (ex: artificial ingredients, hydrogenated oils) is Trader Joe's. I'm sure Whole Foods has them, as well. If you can't find them - use a regular piece of salmon (WILD! - steer clear of farm-raised sea food - (this is important) Farm raised sea food is fed fish oil and fish meal and are
raised in tanks.
- Greek yogurt
- Tbs and 1/2 of feta
- 2 Tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Portabello mushroom
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or more depending on juice of the lemon and taste)
- Throw salmon burger or filet and a sliced portabello on a grill pan or grill. (Drizzle with o/o, lemon, and a little bit of salt)
(A few minutes, each side. Don't press down on it)
- While that is grilling... Take a couple Tbs of greek yogurt and drizzle in the juice of 1/4 lemon, 1/2 tsp of dill, pinch of salt (modify these ingredients to your taste) Leave it aside
- Toast the pita
- When it's all done cooking... stuff the pita with the salmon burger, spinach, 1/2 tbs of feta, portabellos
- Next, spoon on the greek yogurt/dill mixture onto the burger... leave some aside
- Next, arrange the spinach, tomato, and tbs of feta on the plate
- Then, add more lemon juice to the greek yogurt/dill mixture, 2 tsp of o/o, tsp of agave nectar, pinch of salt, mix and use as the dressing for the salad! (taste it to make sure it tastes right to you)
This is an extremely balanced meal with just the right amount of protein, carbs, nutrients, and healthy fats. Remember, Omega-3 fatty acids from foods like salmon, walnuts, flax seeds, halibut, and sardines are essential for brain health and for reducing inflammation in the body which can help prevent many chronic diseases. Aim for AT LEAST two servings a week!
That's all - enjoy and have a great week!!