Continuing meals of the week, I put together another recipe tonight that contains this week's staples: pesto & chickpeas. Lettuce wraps always feel a little more substantial than a salad, maybe because you can eat them with your hands...?
Anyway, between the lettuce wraps I made tonight and the two dishes I've already shared - I hope you find some inspiration for your next pesto meal or can of chickpeas!
- 1/2 Avocado
- Chicken tenderloins (At the beginning of the week, I marinate chicken in extra virgin o/o, lemon juice, salt, garlic, crushed red pepper, & rosemary from my garden)
- Tomatoes (used twice this week)
- Toasted Chickpeas (used in all 3 meals this week)
- Pesto (used in all 3 meals this week)
- Feta (used twice this week)
- Large lettuce leafs (I used romaine from my deck garden) Bibb lettuce and Romaine are also good options
Start arranging! Avocado, Feta, Tomatoes.
Grill up the chicken & toast the chickpeas. I have some extra chicken that I can bring to work tomorrow for lunch!
Dollop with pesto. Shred the chicken with a fork and knife. Dollop with pesto again. Done!
These were really yummy! Each meal I had this week was completely different so I never got sick of eating pesto or chickpeas. Here are the health stats: Protein from the chicken & chickpeas, omega's, fiber, potassium, & the B vitamins from the avocado, lycopene & vitamin c from tomatoes, fiber & too many vitamins to name from the romaine.
If you want to see a 15 second video on how to make this - I shared it to my instagram account... here. Check it out.
And hey, it's almost Thursday! Have a great day! xo