For my sugar-free challenge friends... I have a dinner for you. The best part? It's easy to make and apparently it tastes pretty damn good. Rob gave a lot of praise to this one tonight... #win.
Sooo... how's everyone doing with the sugar-free? Getting easier? Not craving it as much? I'm a convert. I'll never go 100% sugar-free as I think it's important to 'treat yoself', but, I have much more energy during the week and overall feel better. Anddd, I think I'm a little trimmer, too. The pants are feeling a tad looser. That was NOT the goal with this challenge, but, I'll take it!
So, I've been reading up a lot (like, A LOT) on more on sugar-free, gluten-free, lower carb, etc health benefits. Partly because of this challenge and my new found happiness sans sugar, but, also for something else that I'll touch on at a later date. Now, more than ever, I'm eating as healthy as I possibly can and doing a TON of research. (that's part of the reason you haven't heard from me in a while).
Anywayyy... tonight's dinner was simple. Here we go...
- 1 package of organic, nitrate-free bacon (can be found at whole foods - have had a hard time finding this anywhere else)
- Organic chicken breasts (can be found at most supermarkets, however, I find the most bang for your buck at Whole Foods)
- Organic asparagus
- Extra Virgin OO
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt, Crushed Red Pepper, Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Organic mayo
- Organic honey
- Yellow mustard
Marinate the chicken breasts in the lemon juice, extra virgin, salt, crushed red pepper, parsley, and garlic. Set aside for an hour or so (the longer the better).
- Wrap 4 asparagus with 1 slice of bacon, repeat as many times as needed to feed who you are with (I ate 2 groups - 8 pieces of asparagus, Rob got 3, so 12)
- Drizzle with evoo & a little crushed red pepper
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then, throw it on the grill or grill pan for another 5 on each side to crisp it up
- Set it to the side with tin foil over it
- While the asparagus are cooking - Mix together 1.5 parts yellow mustard, 1 part organic mayo, and 1/4 parts honey in a small bowl and set aside (this is the dipping sauce)
- Wipe the grill pan clean but leave a little bacon grease :)
- Toss the marinated chicken breast on the hot pan and let it cook 60% through
- Flip them and cook through
- Let them rest for 2-5 minutes
Plate and serve! (With a glass of Underwood Pinot... perfect for a night watching 'House of Cards' with Mr. Frank and Claire Underwood themselves...)
Have a wonderful weekend! xo