Hi guys! How's your Monday going? I wanted to pop in quickly to give you the Lemony Shrimp Scampi recipe I promised you earlier today. Shrimp Scampi is kind of my thing. When people ask "What's your go-to dish?" or "What's the best thing you make?"... my response is typically "Ummm Shrimp Scampi??". It's funny, I obviously cook a lot, but, whenever someone asks a question like that I feel a little stumped. Though, I'm fairly certain that Shrimp Scampi is it. Oh, and deviled eggs (duh).
So, if you're thinking you've seen "Lemony Shrimp Scampi" on the blog before, you have. This recipe, however, is a little different and actually MORE lemony than the other one. Both have the same foundation though. What I like most about this version is that it has vegetables so it lightens up the dish a bit. The vegetables REALLY take on the flavor of the lemon so it transforms them into an almost vinegary/lemony taste that pairs so nicely with the pasta. It feels light, but, also quite comforting.
Lemony Shrimp Scampi: Serves 2
- 8+ ounces of peel, de-veined shrimp
- Half red pepper and a handful or so of fresh green beans (could use instead: snow peas, chopped asparagus, tomatoes, etc)
- 1.5 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-4 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- Tbs or so of capers
- Crushed red pepper and salt to taste
- Enough pasta for two (I use Barilla Protein Plus)
- Bring salted water in a large pot to a boil
- Sliver or julienne green beans and red pepper
- Juice 1.5 lemons, set aside
- Finely chop the garlic
- Add pasta to boiling pot and cook as instructed (usually 8-10 minutes)
- In a saute pan on low-medium, add 2 tbs of olive oil, garlic, vegetables and about 1/3 of the lemon juice
- Add the capers, crushed red pepper, salt
- As the vegetables cook down, keep adding the lemon juice about a 1/3 at a time
- When the pasta is about 2-3 minutes from being done, add the shrimp to the saute pan (they cook EXTREMELY fast)
- Once the pasta is done - add it to the saute pan, mix around, plate, serve, and top with a little more crushed red pepper and Parmesan!
I apologize for not taking many "prep" photos. I didn't think I was going to post this recipe and I was distracted. haha
I hope you had a great Monday and if not... go make some Lemony Shrimp Scampi, curl up on the couch, and watch The Voice. There is nothing pasta, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Pharrel cannot fix. Have a great night! xo