Hi friends! I don't have any Friday Favs to share with you today but, I do have a recipe that takes just minutes to whip up. Even though the picture quality is kind of terrible, I wanted to share it today in advance of "Sunday Meal Prep". If you're starting to get on the "meal prep" bandwagon (which I recommend, especially for lunches) this would be an easy one; even if you only have 10 minutes to spare this weekend.
Mid-week, I realized I didn't have anything to bring to lunch for the next few days, so I decided to get a little creative. An added bonus about this meal: it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner AND it's a great Friday meal during Lent (if you practice that!) Here's the recipe!
EASY CRUSTLESS QUICHE
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Salt/Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs of buffalo sauce or a few shakes of hot sauce (not needed if you don't have it on hand - it adds just a little extra spice and flavor)
- Whisk the eggs
- Fold in the shredded cheese and veggies (You really could use whatever veggies you'd like)
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes
- Cut into 4 equal pieces
This equates to approximately 190-220 calories per serving (more if you use the buffalo sauce, less if you don't) but, more importantly it's loaded with protein from the eggs, nutrients and fiber from the veggies and a little fat from the cheese to make it satisfying.
I packed mine over a bed of greens.
When I got to work, I put the whole thing in the microwave to make the spinach wilty and then topped it with a little hot sauce!
I hope you all have a fabbbbbuloussss weekend filled with fun times, sunshine, laughter, good food, and a little movement! xo